Monday 14 March 2016

Ad Pick of the Week: Fevicol’s Govinda ek, Dahi Handi Anek grabs Sonal’s attention


Conceptualised by Ogilvy & Mather, the one minute and thirteen seconders TVC was launched last month and so far it has managed to grab 871,579 hits on YouTube. Produced under the banner of Corcoise Films and directed by Prasoon Pandey, the catchy music and background score is the soul of this ad film.
This ad film caught the attention of million people on various social media platforms, including Sonal Sawant, Senior Account Executive, Havas Worldwide, Mumbai. Here, Sawant sharing her views exclusively with IndianMediaBook, why she liked this ad film so much.
Which ad film grabbed your attention in past few days and why?
I think Fevicol ad has grabbed my attention, because of its catchy music and out of the box thinking. It really made me curious to know what would happen towards the end. When the brand revealed, The Ultimate Adhesive Fevicol, made my jaw drop.
If given a chance, what changes would you like to make into it?
The word ‘Ultimate’ used in the ad speaks for itself. So I don’t think I would like to change anything in the ad.
Did the advertisement make you want to buy the product?
Fevicol being the brand it is, the ad would have made no difference in my buying behavior. The ad has just added to my experience with the brand.
Humour and Emotions, what works most in India?
Both have their own charm. It’s up to the category and the brand relevance to consumers.
What three things should keep in mind while making an ad?
According to me, the ad should be convincing enough to persuade the consumer to buy the product. Secondly, it should be creative and thirdly, impactful.
Please give your last word for this ad and rate the ad out of 10.
It’s a brilliant ad and very extraordinary in terms of creativity. I would rate bang on 10.
Source: IndianMediaBook - Media